Re-Imagine Ontario is an incorporated registered charitable organization whose mission is to improve the health, education, and employment of vulnerable people, with particular focus on Black and Indigenous populations, by fostering strong community support networks. The organization is expanding rapidly and looking to expand its board.
Summary of Position:
Re-Imagine Ontario is seeking Board Directors, with executive or professional experience in at least one of the following key areas:
- Fundraising and Programs Development,
- Marketing & Public Relations
- Human Resources
Candidates should have a strong sense of volunteerism, a strong network, and are passionately committed to contributing to community. You will have the important responsibility for the governance of Re-Imagine Ontario. Re-Imagine Ontario is committed to ensuring that our Board is reflective of the communities we serve, including diverse perspectives in our Board decisions. This is an unpaid volunteer role where quarterly board meetings are now being conducted remotely but should be able to attend in person if the need arises. Ideal candidates must be very responsive to emails and any ad hoc meetings that may be convened.
- Work with the organization’s leadership to develop the best strategy for the organization. This includes working with any outside consultants & experts, who may seek direct board participation in completing strategic projects.
- Understand and demonstrate commitment to our vision, mission, and values.
- Leverage knowledge, expertise, connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve our mission, vision, and goals.
- Know and understand all programs/services being offered
- Understand and monitor our financial affairs
- Actively prepare for and participate at Board meetings quarterly
- Make inquiries when clarification or more information is needed
- Ensure our organization is complying with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Understand and maintain confidentiality
- Avoid any conflicts of interest
- Works with other Board members in achieving the objectives of the sub- committee to which you may be assigned.
- Actively promote Re-Imagine Ontario and use Board members’ influence to positively contribute to advancing our reputation and brand.
- Actively and constantly fundraising for the organization.
- A degree in a relevant field or equivalent certification and/or training/experience in any of the areas listed, or in governance, organizational development, or not-for-profit management.
- Prior board experience a huge asset though not mandatory.
- Minimum 5 years leadership experience working or volunteering in any of the following key areas: working with the elderly, youth (especially diverse populations), is an asset
- Understanding of not-for-profit structure, policies, and governance an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work with, and message to, diverse audiences, including government and community organizations, people with lived experience and the general population is an asset.
- Experience in collaborating, maintaining confidentiality, providing recommendations, influencing decisions, and looking at “the big picture” at the leadership level.
- Ability to problem solve, plan, and manage change.
- Experience in using Microsoft O365 is an asset.
- Must be prepared to do vulnerable police check and provide references.
Why volunteer at Re-imagine Ontario?
- Be part of a collaborative team that prioritizes community development
- Partner with professionals in the non-profit sector
- Gain valuable work experience and develop new skills
How to Apply:
Re-Imagine Ontario strives to build an inclusive workforce that reflects the rich diversity of the communities in which we live and serve. All qualified applicants may apply. We strongly encourage applications from persons with lived experience in the communities we serve, including Black and Indigenous people, Youth ad Seniors. Candidates living in the Halton-Peel areas will be given priority.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Board of Director Members + Your Area of Specialty”. We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about Re-Imagine, please visit our website at www.reimagineontario.ca
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com