Re-Imagine Ontario is seeking a creative individual to join our team as Marketing and Social Media Manager. The applicant will help create and implement a marketing and social media plan for the organization and work directly on social media platforms. The role can be done mostly remotely 2-4 hours/wk. Time commitment is one year minimum. The role has no direct reports at this time, however you are free to hire staff or volunteers to assist you as needed.
Re-Imagine Ontario is an incorporated and registered charitable organization whose mission is to improve the health, education and employment of vulnerable people, with particular focus on Black and Indigenous populations, by fostering strong community support networks. Please visit our website at www.reimagineontario.ca to find more information about our work.
Re-Imagine Ontario is seeking a strong candidate to play a central role in the overall marketing, promotion, and social media management efforts of our agency. This is an opportunity to use your marketing and social media savvy to help us grow.
What you will be responsible for:
- Helping us develop and execute our marketing, communications, and promotion plan(s).
- Work with us to plan and develop a social media community to boost community outreach, promote our programs, and enhance our visibility.
- Plan and execute marketing and social media campaigns (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.) to increase audience engagement and viewership of new content.
- Assess and enhance the current social media platforms.
- Design and create shareable content (that meets our mission/brand guidelines).
- Help develop and implement creative promotional campaigns, PR outreach to organizations, communities, through postering, word-of-mouth, and other methods.
- Help to develop, execute, and optimize online and email campaigns.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on social performance where possible.
- Work with IT to improve and bring to life, our newsletter.
- Help to develop processes and protocols around digital engagement.
- Stay up to date on changing tools in digital and social media marketing.
- Work with our team to develop, manage and maintain social programming calendars across various channels.
- Other related social media & marketing functions.
- College or University degree in marketing/social media/public relations or equivalent
- Minimum 3-4 years work experience in marketing, social media, content creation, digital marketing
- Proven and strong hands-on experience with social media as a marketing tool.
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office 365 is an asset.
- Proficient in various tools like Canva, Adobe, Photoshop, InDesign etc,
- Some experience with graphic design and/or videography would be an asset
How To Apply:
Re-Imagine Ontario strives to build an inclusive workforce that reflects the rich diversity of the communities in which we live and serve. All qualified applicants may apply. We strongly encourage applications from persons with lived experience in the communities we serve within Halton-Peel, including Black and Indigenous people, youth and seniors.
If you are interested in joining Re-Imagine Ontario as a Marketing & Social Media Manager, please submit your resume and a brief cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and why you are interested in this role. Please include “Marketing & Social Media Manager ” in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about Re-Imagine, please visit our website at www.reimagineontario.ca
A Vulnerable Sector check and reference checks are required for this role.